You guys know I love my j-fruit, so when my besties at Nature’s Charm asked me to whip up a recipe using their Sriracha Jackfruit, you know I was deep in the mix within a minute. Who can go past a jackfruit burger on a chilly winter evening (or any evening for that matter?) Not me.
My Spicy Sriracha Jackfruit Burgers are hella easy to make, plus you can have em served up in less than 30 minutes, making them the perf weeknight meal solution.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 200g cans Nature’s Charm Sriracha Jackfruit
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 green apple, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 large bread rolls
- In a medium-sized saucepan, sauté the onion in the olive oil before adding the Nature’s Charm Sriracha Jackfruit.
- Fry the jackfruit while frequently tossing in the pan until it begins to brown and then add the BBQ sauce, stirring until well combined.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and put the lid on the saucepan. Allow to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make the green apple slaw by popping the cabbage and apple in a bowl before adding the mayonnaise, Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk and apple cider vinegar. Toss until well distributed.
- Cut your bread rolls in half and add a generous layer of slaw before piling up with the jackfruit mixture.
- Pop on the lid of the bread roll and serve immediately.
This was a sponsored post. You can learn more about sponsored posts and how they help improve Like A Vegan here.